Friday, November 5, 2010
We're celebrating five years trading in Sandyford Village!
We’ve sniffed, slurped and tasted a fair number of wines over the past five years
in search of true wine “nectar”(I did a rough calculation and I frightened myself
with a "wines tasted" figure of approx 2000 wines..)
A selection of random highlights..
- Being interviewed by Eddie Hobbs about “wines for investment” on the TV
- Getting our fourth Bridgestone Guide plaque in a row in 2010
- Having a “Sideways” inspired California tasting where we had a “Merlot ban”
and a “shrine to Pinot Noir”
- Getting up early on Wednesdays for a year (Ouch!) to present the weekly WineSpot on Country Mix 106.8fm
- Our Millbrook Wine Dinner in Ballyknocken House and Cookery School (with Celebrity chef Catherine Fulvio)
- Hearing some amazing customer feedback on the Sokol Blosser Oregon Pinot Noir!
- Welcoming various winemakers from Barossa Valley, Minervois, South Africa etc..to the shop, in particular cult winemaker Troy Kalleske of Kalleske wines
- Landing wine from Georgia in the shop! I imagine it’s a long old
spin from Georgia to Sandyford Village!
- Wine trips to Portugal, The Rhone Valley, The Languedoc, Hungary,
Priorat and Tuscany in search of vinous treasure
- Our Icon Wine Tasting where we tasted Barolo, Meursault, Cloudy Bay,
Chateau Musar and some other wine “big names”
All of this would have been impossible without the support of our customers,
so I’d very much like to say a massive “Thank You!” to everybody for helping us along the way…
Here’s looking forward to the next five!
Hopefully we have plenty of fun “winetimes” ahead…
Yours in Wine,
ph 01 2944067