Friday, February 6, 2009

Bogle Petite Sirah 2006


Tried one of our new arrivals last night.. Bogle Petite Sirah 2006 (RRP 17.95 ) all the way from Clarksburg California...don't get me started on my obsession with Sideways..It comes in a fairly funky bottle..quite an unusual shape..it almost looks more like a bottle of beer..

Anyway this was a really delicious wine, great deep dark colour, powerful intense blackberry fruit with some spicy notes and lovely toastiness from the oak...As soon as I poured this wine I knew I was on to a winner..funny that..certain wines just seem to have a look or feel about them when you pour..you just know its gonna be good..its like a certain magical viscosity or something..

Now I know thats hardly scientific but its happened me too often to ignore..if you feel or see that magic in the wine you are in for a treat! Reminds me of a book I read years ago where it spoke about wine being a "living thing" just waiting and waiting in the bottle for that magical moment where the cork pops.. and the wine breathes and interacts with the air and the world again..I really like that idea..savour those moments..the circumstances are unlikely to ever be exactly the same again..

I havent come across this grape variety much..pretty much exclusive to California I believe..
this one didn't last long..went down very easy..great stuff indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment